Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

So it turns out that skipping a week of running is NOT, in fact, a good idea. I went running after work yesterday and wanted to die fifteen times. It's true. I counted. And then I thought I actually MIGHT die when I ran into the coyote.

Coyote: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Me: Um.
Coyote: Ahem. Excuse me.
Me: Can you let me pass?
Coyote: No.
Me: Please?
Coyote: Only if you can answer three questions.
Me: Sigh. Fine.
Coyote: What is your name?
Me: Jennie.
Coyote: What is your quest?
Me: Um. To go home and collapse on the floor until my heart rate returns to normal.
Coyote: What is your favorite color?
Me: Blue.
Coyote: Really?
Me: Yes.
Coyote: You're not just saying that? Cause of the movie?
Me: No. I'm not just saying that cause of the movie.
Coyote: OK, fine, go ahead.
Me: Byeeeeeeee!

He was really nice. He didn't try to eat my face once, which was nice.

The other night, I went running IN THE DARK. I got home from volunteering and saw that Heidi had been to the gym and so I shamed myself into running. I'm not going running by myself in the dark anymore. At least not around Halloween. Because . . . see . . . that's when ghosts come out and do stuff. And I don't know for sure, but I think if zombies were going to attack, it would be on Halloween because they could just hang out on someone's porch, pretending to be a Halloween decoration, and then when the owner comes out of the house they'd be all, "AAAAAAAAAAUUUURRRRRGH! I WILL BITE YOU NOW!" only not so articulate. True story. Also, it's dangerous to run at night. There are still piles of branches and crap from the windicane that happened A MONTH AGO and when I ran by a big pile, I didn't see a stick sticking out of the pile and it scratched my leg. It's OK, though. It's just a flesh wound.

Hee! I just had this conversation with one of our field agents in Georgia:

Me: HR, this is Jennie.
Her: Hey, Jennie.
Me: Good morning! How are you?
Her: Oh, god, you sound so Northern.
Me: . . .

I mean . . . I talk to her almost EVERY DAY. Hey, remember when my blog had a point? Yeah, me neither.

PS: I still need help with my Halloween costume idea. Please do my thinking for me, I'd be very appreciative. Here are the stipulations: I don't want to wear a wig, so whatever I dress up as has to have dark brown hair. I don't want to spend a lot of money. I'm lazy, so I don't want to do a lot of sewing or gluing or anything. I will be outside, so I'm not dressing as slutty anything.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Joe should become Jack and Jill. or rather Jill and Jack. You can wear real clothes. All you have to do is wear a nametag and carry a bucket!

Tam said...

You could go as Boo from Monsters Inc. because you kind of look like her only she's cute but only because she is like three and your're... well whatever. You would get to wear a pink dress. Joe could be sully.

J needs a costume too - he is in pediatrics and needs to dress up in the hospital on Oct. 31st. So all of our scary stuff won't work (apparently it's not cool to scare sick kids)

Jennie said...

Candice, I don't have a bucket.

Tam, he could dress up as a doctor. Hahahahahaha.

Heather Anne Hogan said...

Freaking Southerners.

Jennie said...

Heather, this lady has a really deep Southern accent, not a fake one like yours. Heehee.

Tam said...

He wears that one everyday. I was trying to find him a Mr. Incredibles costume - but they are SO EXPENSIVE

Anonymous said...

Astronaut Slut! I mean Suit!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahbrown/2940839246/in/photostream/

Jennie said...

Tam, that would be the best costume ever!

Sir, I have always wanted to be an Astronaut.

Abigail said...

Every time you say windicane I think it sounds like a Christmas peppermint treat.

Also, please do a couples costume with Joe.