Monday, October 27, 2008

Hey, all right, Ross came as Doody!

We celebrated Halloween a bit early this year, dressing up on Saturday and hitting both the Oregon District's HauntFest and a Halloween party hosted by a walking taco. The festivities started around 8, even though Heidi was still sewing her costume. I mixed up some black punch (grape Koolaid, orange Koolaid, ginger ale, and vodka) and maybe should have used less vodka and more ginger ale. We even made a frozen hand to put in the punch, but the fingers melted really quickly. Also, Joe broke most of them off when he dropped it into the bowl.

Joe and I made a pretty accurate Charlie Brown and Lucy, Steve ended up as . . . you know, I'm not really sure. Heh. After adding a red jacket to his ensemble, he soon became Chas Tenenbaum, and later on that night, Steve Holt. But the real star that night was Heidi, whose Rainbow Brite costume was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. There are pictures of her and Steve Holt/Chas Tenenbaum, as well as Charlie Brown trying to kick a football, but they're all on Heidi's camera. Sorry.

Down at the Oregon District it was, well, really fucking cold. We didn't stay long, but we were there long enough for Willie Nelson to call me a bitch. As in, "Charlie! Don't let that bitch pull the football away again!" which was ridiculous, because I think at this point Joe was the one carrying the football. See, when I've been drinking, I tend to lose things and my dad has had the football for 96 years and would probably be really upset if I lost it.

Once we got too cold to wander the streets, we ended up at a house party, complete with hot cider, keg, bonfire, and Sarah Palin. Sarah had lots of babies with her, and eventually most ended up in the fire. I'm not saying Sarah Palin likes to burn babies, I'm just telling you what I saw with my own two (somewhat drunk) eyes.

My sister text messaged me yesterday evening, asking what I was doing. I wrote back "nothing," but a more accurate answer would have been this:

I slept til 11, got up and went to Wendy's for lunch, came home and took a three hour nap, did some laundry, showered, put my pajamas back on, watched TV with Heidi, and got El Toro carry out for dinner.

So, yes, it was a bit of a lazy Sunday. I wore pajamas for most of the day, only changing out of them to go to Wendy's, El Toro, and later to buy pumpkins for more pumpkin carving tonight. I heart Halloween so hard.

7 comments:

kat said...

halloween is really a most super awesome holiday.

Heather Anne Hogan said...

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Jennie said...

kat! you know why? Hot cider is delicious.

h!a! I will post them just as soon as Heidi sends them. Her pictures turned out better than mine.

Heidi said...

Remind me to send those to you or they will be on my camera FOREVER! Thanks for the shout out. Maybe I should start my own costume shop? Also, do you think people would notice if I started wearing my Rainbow Brite costume to work? I mean, little kids can do it whenever they want and it's cute. Damn, I wish I was a little kid.

mysterygirl! said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! And I want some of that punch. Basically I just want Halloween forever.

Heidi, if you contribute one thing to society, it should be the act of sharing your Rainbow Brite costume with the world.

Stephanie said...

96 years? Wow, your dad's old.

Also, I saw your sister yesterday.

Random!

eclectic said...

PICTURES!! Halloween is too, too much fun. Pumpkin carving here tomorrow.