Monday, October 6, 2008

Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?

I don't want to alarm anyone, but if you have Time Warner and you live in the Dayton area then RIGHT NOW YOU DON'T HAVE NBC. It's not really a problem yet, but it'll be a big problem if it's not back on Thursday because I'll have to go burn down the Time Warner building and I just don't have that kind of time. I'm not exactly sure WHY we don't have NBC right now, but it has something to do with the affiliate wanting more money and Time Warner not wanting to pay any more money. I don't know whose fault it is but I'm going to blame Time Warner on account of I HATE THEM. I hate them with the fire of a thousand suns. Yes, I DID steal that from 10 Things I Hate About You. Your point?

Yesterday, we went to Oktoberfest for the first time in a couple of years. We didn't go last year because we were at a wedding and the year before we got too drunk to get there before it started raining. I'm pretty sure I wrote about that night (yep) because it was not one of my finer moments. But whatever. Bygones.

I ate bad-for-me food and I drank bad-for-me beer yesterday, but it was well-deserved because on Saturday I both went to work and THEN went running. We also saw Tropic Thunder and I got a chocolate milkshake from Graeter's, so you could say THAT was my reward for going to work and running, but you could also just shut up and leave me alone. So there. I know I sound cranky but that's just because it's not the weekend anymore. It was a really good one, aside from the working. Best part? Last night, a kid at Kroger was imitating Chewbacca. It was magical. And I almost stole him. But I didn't. In case you were worried.

9 comments:

Heather Anne Hogan said...

hee. i remember that oktoberfest when you got drunk before it started.

if nbc is not back by thursday, you know i am on your side for whatever we have to do.

eclectic said...

If arson is what they want, then I think someone should be brave enough to give it to them. Stupid network politics...

Um, my 5 (almost 6) year old imitates Chewbacca on a semi-regular basis, in between rounds of Spiderman, Lightning McQueen, and Yoda. What? He's eclectic too. But I'm not worried about you stealing him next year because by then, he'll be almost 7 (eep!) and probably imitating dumb things like baseball players or something.

Megan said...

Eating bad-for-me food and drinking bad-for-me beer is pretty much my ritual for the entire football season. It's a long five months. An awesome five months.

Find me this magical Chewbacca-imitating child, and I just may have found the child I will not punch in the face.

Stephanie said...

I steal children from the store all the time. Really. It's fun.

Beau said...

Here is a nice tip from your smart engineering friend...If still no NBC by Thursday, you can always unplug the cable and watch nbc via antenna signal. Just get some rabbit ears and attach to your tv. Good luck!

Jennie said...

Day 4 - Still no NBC.

Anonymous said...

I think my cable comes through Dayton (I always call TWC Dayton when it's out, anyway) and I watched SVU last night. That's on NBC, right? Is that a good sign?

Jennie said...

Ooh, I don't know! I checked NBC yesterday right after work, but it was still not there. I hope it's back!

Anonymous said...

Good post.