Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Have a cup of tea," indeed! Well, I'm sorry, but I just haven't the time!

Today, Heidi and I put on our Sunday best and went to a tea party/bridal shower. Not like a tea party with stuffed animals and fake cookies and junk, but a real, honest-to-God tea party with TEA. And pastries.

I even wore a tea party hat, if by tea party hat you mean a big, floppy hat I found at Target for ten bucks. My tea party hat, having performed its tea party duties, is now a sunhat, which I will use at the pool so I won't burn my face off this summer.

I was a bit scared when someone said it was time to play the games, but none of them involved making a wedding dress out of toilet paper, so it was OK. Actually, we played one game where we had to make words out of the last names of BOTH the bride AND the groom. Sort of like Boggle. I totally won, but only because I cheated and made almost every word plural.

After the shower, Heidi and I got Taco Bell for dinner, because after doing something classy, we have to balance it out with something trashy. Sort of like that time we went to Nancy's bridal shower, full of fancy wine glasses and tiny, tiny sandwiches, and then, as soon as it was over, we went to get steak and beer and potatoes at a restaurant where you can throw peanut shells on the floor.

Also, I'm still wearing my tea party hat. You know, with my running clothes. I just want to get my money's worth.

5 comments:

Heather Anne Hogan said...

Taco Bell is not trashy you take that back!

mysterygirl! said...

Lucky!! I want to wear a tea party hat. Maybe the next time there's a Thanksgiving Miracle, everyone can wear a hat.

Jennie said...

h!a! I don't mean trashy in a BAD way.

mg! I'll bring my green hat!

(i don't have a green hat)

Tam said...

thank you for coming to my Monica Gellar tea party. I loved that everyone wore hats, everything is more fun with hats!!

Jennie said...

I might start wearing my hat all the time, actually.