Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The One Where I Say "Vagina" and "For Real" A LOT.

Last night, I picked Joe up from the airport because he was finally, FINALLY back from San Diego, the big jerk. He saw all sorts of sights, like Breckin Meyer eating and Jeffster singing and Ray Bradbury being awesome and Coronado Island ("It belongs...in a MUSEUM") and the weather was perfect blah blah blah.

Whatever. So we got Potbelly for dinner and somehow the blog The Wind in Your Vagina (that's right) came up. Don't ask me how The Wind in Your Vagina comes up in conversation, it just does. Ever since Joe found out I read a blog called The Wind in Your Vagina, he thinks it's the FUNNIEST THING EVER. I just said vagina a lot. Anyway. When it came up, I was all, "he quit his blog today!" and Joe was like, "why?" and I was all, "I don't know, but Ashley is MAD," which is true. Ashley is mad.

Then I told Joe that I think that dude might be quitting his blog to concentrate on writing For Real things. Not that blogging isn't For Real writing. It is for a lot of people. But for myself, blogging is not For Real writing. I never For Real write on my blog. I open Blogger, I type some nonsense, I spell check (most of the time), I publish, and I pretend I'm writing. It's an easy out. If I'm blogging, I can still tell myself I'm writing and then I don't have to, you know, TRY. Because trying takes a lot of time. And effort. And I'm low on motivation.

So I got to thinking that maybe I could For Real write on my blog. Or, if not, I could at least concentrate more on For Real writing in my spare time instead of concentrating on Facebook or whatever. I'm not quitting my blog, though. I couldn't, because I think Ashley would stab me in the face.

14 comments:

You can call me, 'Sir' said...

I remember when Black Hockey Jesus started that sucker and I was overwhelmed with the Vagina due to its, um, loveliness(?). I think he's probably going to eventually publish. He's a talented enough writer and has marketed himself well enough (without even trying, really) that his future could be as bright as he chooses. A blog is an excellent way to test those waters, because a lot of people with writing ability assume that they actually suck; blogs allow other people to be the voices of reason, for better or worse.

Jennie said...

Sir, I keep hoping he was JKing about quitting, because I haven't been reading very long and I want to read MORE, dammit!

kat said...

i'm secretly glad BHJ is quitting his blog because i've been reading him forever but i never comment (standard) but he comments on my blog sometimes and then i feel all guilty about not commenting every time he posts and now i don't have to worry about that.

so PHEW.

(jk)

Tam said...

I think you should FOR REAL write on your blog. About Vagina's.

Do it.

Also if Ashley stabs you in the face MAYBE she'll hit your eye. THEN you will have to wear an eye patch. THEN you will be a pirate. See where I'm going with this?

Your glass is half full.

mysterygirl! said...

I would like to read some of your For Real writing.

Ashley said...

You're right, I would stab you in the face. I would fly all the way to Ohio and look you up and then stab you and then I would get in my get-away vehicle and hide out with my people. (I have people in Ohio. It's totally a plan.)

FOR REAL writing is hard. I try it sometimes, but then I just go back to writing about TV. I would totally read your FOR REAL writing if you put it here.

Jennie said...

kat, I feel guilty about not commenting on blogs ALL THE TIME. For realsies.

Tam, if I wear an eye patch, I also get disability, right? So I could stop working?

mg! I have to write some first. Hee.

Ashley, I am now officially afraid of you.

Never That Easy said...

I am glad you are not getting stabbed in the face.

Jennie said...

NTE, that is so sweet! Hee.

Ashley said...

Don't be afraid! I WAS JUST KIDDING.

Jennie said...

OK. Whew.

Tam said...

can you still just get an eye patch?

Jennie said...

Totes. I mean, I already have the pirate hook.

Mary Sue said...

I like idea, Jennie! Write!