Friday, June 19, 2009

don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time

Hi, Internets. I haven't written all week because I've been sick and I'm like the whiniest sick person ever. You really lucked out because I kept my whining to Joe, my mom, and Heidi. I started not feeling good when we got back from Myrtle Beach and this week I started feeling really not good AND THEN, like the idiot I am, I went running on Tuesday because I felt guilty about not having gone running for two weeks, and then on Wednesday I stayed home from work because, duh, I was sick and needed to sleep all day. So that's what I did. I mean, I didn't sleep ALL day. I managed to watch an episode of The Golden Girls (they were all sick, too!) and go to the library (because I finished my last library book and need more, duh) and make a sensible dinner. Only not really. Mostly I watched Joe make a sensible dinner and then I ate it. We also started watching Lost FROM THE BEGINNING and I guess I forgot that the show has been a complete mind-fuck from the very start. Also, I'm not sure at what point Jack became a total douche but, upon rewatch, my feelings toward his present douchitude have totally influenced how I feel about him in early episodes. Meaning: I hate him. Every time he cries, I'm all, "oh, waaaah, I'm stuck on an island boohoo!" like, suck it up, Jack, everyone else is stuck there, too, and they don't cry all the time. They have sex in polar bear cages or play with Vincent. And I'm totally bored with Jack/Kate. Go away, Kate. Or, like, just don't talk. You're pretty, but when you open your mouth, I just want to punch you in your pretty face.

Also! It's really hard to watch the show with someone who has never seen it and not spoil everything. Like, last night, Sayid got hit in the head with a big log and Joe was all, "OMG, who did that?" and I was like, "...um, I don't know!" and he was like, "do you really not know?" and I said, "maybe I do, maybe I don't...OK, no, I really don't remember." Because I don't remember like, ANYTHING that happened on the first season because it was a long, long time ago. In a galaxy far, far away. Or something.

Right, so anyway, did you know it's Friday? Because it's Friday. I like Friday, although tonight I think I'm just going to go home, put on my pajamas, pop some Benadryl and spend the evening alternating between napping and reading and watching TV. Jealous?

I started this post about four hours ago and just now remembered that I never published it. Oops. I just went outside to get lunch (hello, Subway, my healthy friend) and OH MY GOD YOU GUYS, it is so hot! WTF happened? It's been all warm-but-OK temperatures so far but TODAY when I walked outside, Humidity smacked me in the face and called me its bitch. Rude. Anyway, I eventually came back inside and made out with the AC and I feel better now.

2 comments:

Tam said...

umm talk about mind-fuck, did you READ this post before clicking publish?

have you been snorting the meth again Jennie?

Jennie said...

It made sense in my head, but that could have been the cold medicine talking.