Monday, November 9, 2009

NaNo Day 9

Do you guys want to hear a sad story? For the last week or so, I've had it in my head that Thanksgiving is next week. And so I've been thinking that next week I would only have to work three days. Possibly only two and a half days! But during a conversation with someone from Payroll a bit ago, my hopes were crushed. CRUSHED! We were talking about a project that needs to be completed before Thanksgiving, a huge, awful project that I am pretending does not exist which it sort doesn't, because I haven't yet gotten anything I need in order to complete it.

Sidebar: Isn't that the worst? You have some huge, looming project at work that already has a reeeeeeally close deadline, but you can't work on it because you're waiting on someone else to do what they need to do before you can do what YOU need to do? Yeah, good times.

Anyway. I said something about how we only have this week and a few days next week to get it done and she looked at me kind of funny and was all, "...um, we're working a full week next week," and then I looked at my calendar and tried to play it off like I was talking about the week after next and that SHE was the dumb one but I don't think it worked. Oops. I blame all the writing, it's killing my brain and then I have no thoughts left for anything else.

Word count!

Word goal for the day: 1667
Words written today: 1963
Total goal: 15003
Total written so far: 18071
Words ahead/behind goal: +3068

No comments: