Wednesday, April 13, 2011

P90X: Days 3 and 4 and my abs, oh my god

So. I've completed P90X, days 3 and 4, and so far, so good. The weight-lifting stuff wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, mainly because you get to rest a lot, which is nice, but the Ab Ripper HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD. What in the what? That's, like, impossible, right? There were a few times I had to stop and just stare at the TV in disbelief because HOW WERE THEY DOING THAT?

Anyway. I did the yoga workout yesterday and it was definitely tough. I haven't done much yoga, other than a class or two in college and a half-assed attempt to do a yoga DVD a handful of times, and that's mostly because I am not coordinated or flexible AT ALL. That said, I did enjoy the yoga workout. I have a lot of respect for people who are good at yoga (AHEM mysterygirl!, hee) because they make it look so effortless. And it is the opposite of effortless. My only complaint about the yoga workout is that it's an hour and a half long. I'm sure that, as I continue on through this program, I'm going to want to either skip it entirely or do something else in its place, but I'm going to try and stick with it. It can only help my (lack of) balance issues, so maybe I'll trip and fall down less often.

In other news, I have to do the Ab Ripper workout again tonight. DO NOT WANT.

4 comments:

mysterygirl! said...

If it makes you feel better, yoga definitely does not feel effortless to me, either (but thank you for the shout-out :) ). I'm so proud of you for doing P90X, because I'm way too scared to try it. Good luck with the Ab Ripper (gosh, what a horrible name)!

Jennie said...

I was super intimidated, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I'm doing some modifications, though, because I have nowhere to put a pull up bar and there are some exercises I just cannot do yet. Hee.

Abigail said...

I would like some p90x update posts, please.

also, I am like THE WORST at yoga (terrible at breathing cause of my asthma, certain THINGS get in the way of me bending up good) but I still think it's a crazy amazing work out and way to stretch and do other things you wouldn't normally do. I ALWAYS prefer push ups or lifting to yoga but make myself do yoga anyway. (Which then makes me feel like a smug bug for doing something that's hard.)

Abigail said...

Uh, I have to comment again to subscribe I guess. Ignore this.